One of my favorite things about a photo is it's ability to evoke emotion. A photo can make you cry, it can make you feel nostalgic, it can make you happy, and most importantly a photo can make you laugh! That's why these next two photos are some of my absolute favorite photos on which to gaze.

Have you met my friend Becky? If you haven't, you're missing out. She is one of the most charmingly hilarious ladies I know, and as you can see, she's been making people laugh since infancy. When I first saw this photo at her mother's house, I collapsed on my knees and laughed until my side hurt. Yes, there were tears streaming down my face. The expression on little, baby Becky's face is classic. Plus, who doesn't love those little red locks?!
Have you met my Sister, Micaela and Brother-in-Law, Mike? They are equally hilarious, quick-witted, and brilliant. Plus, they always know what I need to cheer me up. This photo was taken on my birthday in 2008. I remember being particularly washed-out that day. It was my first year teaching and I was exhausted most of the time. I didn't want to leave my house to celebrate at all, but my family cares too much to let me lie around in self-pity, especially on my birthday. So, Caela and Mike picked me up and took me out for dinner and a couple drinks. Dining with these two is always fun. Good conversation, delicious food in new restaurants, and many laughs. This photo generated one of the best laughs ever. Look at the expression on our faces. As soon as the bartender took this picture and handed back my camera, the laughter ensued. Mike quickly subtitled the photo, "Who Farted?" and I've been laughing every time I look at it ever since!
lovemaura
No comments:
Post a Comment