I am the type of person who really loves to observe the world around me. I find inspiration in a good deed, in a beautiful photograph, in a smile from a stranger, in a delicious meal, in a heart-to-heart conversation, in a perfectly written song, really in pretty much anything if I spend more than 5 minutes thinking about the goodness in the action driving it.
One person that I am utterly inspired by is my Mama.

My Mama is truly a unique person who follows her desires until she has reached whatever goal she has set her mind to. She went to college when I was in first grade and didn't look back until she had finished her BA, MA and PhD. She knew she wanted to be an English/lit professor, so she worked hard and reached out to grab what she wanted. And trust me, she finished those degrees in style by winning fellowships, numerous other awards, and even landing herself in the paper because of her accomplishments.

My mom doesn't just inspire me educationally though! She can cook a meal that will bring you to tears. She can sing a song that will soothe your heart. She can generate a conversation that will open your eyes. She can make you laugh and she will be your dance partner. She'll make you a margarita and then make sure you have clean sheets before you go to bed. She's passionate about her ethnicity and culture, and she also studies those cultures that she's not so familiar with. She has a loud voice and she's not afraid to speak out about what she believes in. She has a faith and spirituality that is richer and deeper than most souls have ever known.

I often look at my life and realize that my Mama has been inspiring it for a lot longer than I have noticed. I'm lucky to have such a great guide setting an example on how to live life (two for that matter because my Papa is definitely inspiring as well). I just have to learn to keep up. This lady is moving FAST...in every aspect of life!
I love you, Mama. <3
lovemaura
1 comment:
So beautifully written and such great pictures. :-) She is indeed a phenomenal woman and an inspiration to so many people. I'm very blessed and thankful to have met her. :-)
Post a Comment