As a teacher, there are days that are super hard. The kind of days I am talking about are not contigent on student behavior or staff issues or anything like that. They are directly correlated to my energy. Think of how you feel those mornings when you wake up and the last thing you want to do is get out of bed and go to work. Everything seems bleak and tiresome and you just DO NOT want to do it. Now imagine having to fake that feeling in front of a class of people who can see right through you!
This is why I constantly have to focus on what I love about my job. When I get there and my stomache turns as I walk into my classroom, I can carry on for one reason. I know that when my students walk in, I will quickly change my tone. They are so real, so hilarious, and so eager (if they know it or not) to learn. They tell me about their evenings, crack a bad joke and my day can begin. How lucky am I to have an instant mood changer! I really do love my job and it's because of my students. They are how I can carry on through those days when I'm just not feeling it. (Plus, I'm lucky to have some amazing coworkers to help out too!)
lovemaura
No comments:
Post a Comment