I love photography. I don't regularly take pictures anymore, but I surround myself with them on a daily basis. Getting to teach photography has opened my eyes to what really makes a great picture. I love analyzing composition through the eyes of my students. They show me a different way of looking at the world!
I have only one complaint. Lately, because of convenience, all of my exposure to photography is digital. Don't get me wrong, it's better than nothing, but it's not what made me love photography in the first place.

This is where my wish for being better at something comes in. When I was in photography classes, I got really good at shooting and developing 35mm film. I perfected my craft to the point of alternative processing and I was able to really be creative in my production. I loved spending time in the dark room, where reality was skewed because of the lack of light and the odor of the chemicals. Photography was hands on then, and all manipulation was manual. Unfortunately, that's where it stopped. I was intimidated by medium and large format cameras. I used them a little bit, but not to the point of expertise. I never learned to develop the film, and I let my desire to shoot with those cameras fade away to a thought instead of a goal. If only I could get my hands on a twin-lens reflex camera and enough money to develop the film! ;)
lovemaura
No comments:
Post a Comment