What song do I listen to when I'm sad? Hmmm... I don't think I have one specific song that I turn on whenever I'm blue. Music is definitely something I use as a pick me up, but my song choice is always situational in that moment. I waited a long time posting this blog challenge because I couldn't think of a specific tune that I would turn to in a moment of sadness.
Then today I flipped through the television channels while chopping veggies and came across a scene in My Girl 2 I know...I know! of a soothing, lovely lady voice singing this song. It made me teary eyed...or was that the onions? I found myself looking for something to be sad about so that I could really ride the waves of this song's resonating lyrics. Unfortunately (probably more like fortunately in this case), I couldn't find anything to be sad about. I made a mental note to listen to this song the next time I'm feeling down. I'll report back to you when that day comes and let you know if Nat King Cole was willing to cajole me out of my melancholy moment with his melodious voice.
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
lovemaura
No comments:
Post a Comment