Learning from Life One Story at a Time

Friday, September 9, 2011

The New Additions

You know, sometimes it's hard for me to watch all of my friends and family progress light years beyond me in the process of creating their own families. I'm definitely not jealous; I still don't even know if I want to get married let alone have children. I just sometimes question why my path has gone such a completely different direction than many of the people around me. Normally at this point in my blogging, I ramble into a prose piece about how it's okay that I'm a little behind because I love the life I live and the path I chose and I wouldn't want it to go any other way, but that's not what's on my mind today. This broadcast is about how much I really enjoy the new little ones that are being added to my group of amazing family and friends. It's so easy to love the children who are extensions of people that I already really love. Who knew?! All these little babies already epitomize the qualities that I admire about their parents and they're still little tots!


This photo is what got me thinking. Thanks Jess for catching me in a moment with a sweet little Simpkins Gonzalez baby! The thought that Allegra is growing up at the hands of John and Sonia brings a smile to my face and I'm loving every moment of watching the process from the outside.


And Chris, thanks for capturing this photo of me snuggling Xavier, baby extraordinaire! This baby already wants to party all the time just like his amazing Mama! "I Party!" We're going to get along just fine, little one :)

Zach and Kristine, Dave and Laura, Audrey, Nate and Jen, Mere and Rico, Tashina - This goes out to you too. I just didn't have pictures of me with your babies! :)

And to Holly and Preston, I can't wait to see what you two are brewing up!

ADDENDUM... I have forgotten one of my most favoritest of peoples! EEK! Jamie, your baby is going to be my sobrina even if she lives far away. I can't wait to meet her and hug her and give her kisses.
lovemaura

No comments: