You know that feeling of displacement you get when you realize that the way something seems in your head is completely different from how other people perceive the same moment or subject? It's kind of like the first time you hear your voice recorded and you think to yourself, "Is this really how I sound to other people?" This disconnect is normally where my embarrassment lies. Whenever I see a photo that catches me in a moment that is genuinely Maura, it makes me feel super awkward. I know that the moment captured is really nothing new to my friends and family who see me all the time, but it's new to the way I see myself. As I dug through pictures, there were really none that "embarrassed" me. It was more that they made me feel uncomfortable when I was looking at them.
Here's an example of three photos that made me think, "Shit. Is that what I really look like when I do that?" Thank goodness pictures can't talk!
Coping a full on attitude (towards Marcelo...Sorry friend). I imagine this is what bossy Maura looks like.
Leg wrestling is something I always think is a good idea and then photos of my crotch make their way into the public eye!
Porch drinking and story telling (I'm sure), but who knows what the heck I'm really doing.lovemaura
1 comment:
Maura, you are endlessly hilarious and I love your honesty--thanks for sharing :-)
Post a Comment