I finally figured this one out, but it definitely required more thinking than all the other ones. I spent days reflecting on people in my life who have passed on to the next one and thought about paying homage to them, but I am constantly doing that in some way or another. Then I thought about old friends who I don't see anymore and what they might be up to now. That was fun for awhile until I realized that they probably haven't all joined the circus. Then the pictures in my head got boring. So I decided to share with you a phase of my life that I miss the most.

The Maura, Sheena and Jess phase! This part of my life never lacked excitement. Jess had just graduated from high school, Sheena and I had minimal homework, and we all had noncommittal jobs that we would blow off as soon as we could clock out. These were the days when we had enough responsibility for our parents to let us loose, but not enough responsibility to restrict us from doing whatever the fuck we wanted (and trust me, that is something we did well)! These years included taking the long way home, photo shoots in the mountains, parties on front porches, singing three part harmonies at the top of our lungs, dancing in the streets, visiting family members, crashing parties, writing dance routines for our car songs, jumping in rain puddles, making up fake live links accounts, going to concerts, getting knocked out of shopping carts, making new friends, and so much more.
Thanks to these years and my two cousins for teaching me how to live each moment to it's fullest and really enjoy life. I am now an expert after all that practice! I know that there comes a time for us all to grow up, and I think I have done that with grace because of my young heart. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) there's something in my head that wasn't there years ago that restricts me from my old carefree ways. I'm glad to be where I'm at, but I also wish that I could relive the days when no one could separate Sheena, Jess and Maura.
lovemaura
No comments:
Post a Comment