I hate that I have to confront one of my biggest fears for this blog, but I'm going to because as much as I'm terrified of what I'm about to show you, I'm also fascinated by it. I may eventually delete this blog so that I don't have to look at it every time I log in. For now, I'll leave it up.
A couple of years ago my wonderful friend Becky introduced me to "Twin Peaks." It is amazingly quirky, perfectly dark, strange through every turn, and beautifully filmed. I have only watched the entire series twice, but it has left its impact. Despite the fact that I am terrified of the pernicious evil (Bob) in Twin Peaks, I can't wait to watch it again. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the perfectly written story!
When I was searching for pictures of Bob, I came across this description of him. It describes my feelings for him perfectly. So instead of struggling to voice my own feelings, I will give you the words someone else wrote about him.
"Bob constantly resides in that dark little corner of my subconscious with the rest of my irrational fears. He quite simply terrifies me. To this day I still avoid mirrors should the thought of him pop into my mind. Even as I type this I am nervously eying the corner of my [classroom] in case he should appear crawling back out from the dark to take me away."

And now I have chills down my spine.
lovemaura
No comments:
Post a Comment