Learning from Life One Story at a Time

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Song that Makes Me Sad

Have you ever loved someone who may love you back, but not in a way that's good for you? And that love starts to feel desperate because you want to do anything you can to keep that person with you? You start to compromise your own emotional health because (intentionally or not) you let that person use you and walk all over you? But it all seems worth it because your feelings for that person are so genuine and so passionate?

That's what this song is about. It's a desperate plea to STAY from one lover to another, and trust me, that unrequited feeling is unbearable and quite possibly one of the worst pains I have ever felt. If that doesn't make you sad, I don't know what does.

I'll be the first to admit that the words being sung by this woman in no way describe a good relationship, but they are stark and they are real and I know exactly how she felt at the moment she wrote this song.

lovemaura