Learning from Life One Story at a Time

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Song I Know Every Word to...

My favorite hip hop album of all time is definitely Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II...I think. It's hard to choose, but holy shit do I love this album! I have spent HOURS listening to it. It'd be interesting to find out how many days of my life I've actually invested in the Pharcyde. I remember getting high and playing it over cartoons as a young teenager, playing hours of F-Zero on SNES with it playing in the background, dancing to it at house parties, blasting it in the car while driving aimlessly, listening to it in the bathroom for my "getting ready" music, or just enjoying it through my headphones when no other music seems to fit the mood. I don't know if I'll ever get over it. I even use "Ya Mama" to teach metaphor and simile in my classroom! I suppose I'm just not ready to let it go. :)

You can probably guess, with all my ranting of Pharcyde's greatness, that I can sing this album word for word from beginning to end. "Passin' Me By" is, of course, the most entertaining to sing along with because it just rolls off the tongue!

My dear, my dear, my dear, you do not know me but I know you very well
Now let me tell you about the feelings I have for you
When I try, or make some sort of attempt, I slip
Damn I wish I wasn't such a wimp!
'Cause then I would let you know that I love you so
And if I was your man then I would be true
The only lying I would do is in the bed with you
Then I signed sincerely the one who loves you dearly, PS love me tender
The letter came back three days later: Return to Sender
Damn!

lovemaura

No comments: