Learning from Life One Story at a Time

Monday, September 15, 2008

Campaigning

The elections may only be a topic of conversation in my class right now, and my students are still a couple years too young to vote, but the outcome of this election will greatly affect their classroom sooner than they realize. I am placing my vote for what is best for them.
I saw an interview with Dead Prez during the DNC and I'm really impressed with their response when asked, "Are you going to be voting this November?"
The response: I teach the youth around me to make sure that I place as many votes as possible. I will be voting in a lot more than this election. I empower our youth to find importance in what they believe in and exercise their right to vote for those issues.
I am definitely confident of my vote for many different reasons, but the most important issue, EDUCATION REFORM. We cannot make changes if we don't focus on our youth.
Photobucket
lovemaura

1 comment:

Spencer D. C. Keralis said...

Great points, Maura. There's so much at stake in this election beyond the economy and Iraq, though that's all you really hear about on the news (or, sadly, from the candidates).

Awesome street art - hopefully it will get some folks who maybe haven't voted before to get out and pull the lever!