Learning from Life One Story at a Time

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Thinking of Juan...


Dear Juan,

It’s amazing how the world keeps moving on. We keep running and running to keep up with it, but we never get ahead of it. Sometimes we cease to join it because of death, and sometimes we just need a break from it so we try to slow it down. I got a break from life this morning (3-31-12). I packed up 6 of my favorite people and headed up a mountain. I stood on the roof of a cabin at the highest summit. From there, I had a perfect 360-degree view of the San Juan, West Elks, and La Salle mountain ranges. I stopped to do a few sun salutations and heart openers and I sent my energy out into the world as I opened my heart to also take it in. I had you in my head and in my heart throughout the morning.



Life moves on with or without us. Sometimes we are taken out of the motion by forces beyond our control, and sometimes we just choose to do what we can to slow it down for a morning. Thank you for giving me a reason to slow down my morning and for giving me something to reflect on and honor today.

Two years later and you are still very missed.

Marcos, Kenzee, Nate, and Juan
(Thanks again for the photo, Kira!)
lovemaura

No comments: