Learning from Life One Story at a Time

Thursday, August 21, 2008

With Day Two Behind Me...

Well, I have already successfully imitated figure skating and TuPac for my students and we're only on day two. I can only imagine what is going to happen this year. I have about 120 students and I almost have all of their names down. If you ask me, that's pretty good considering I met them yesterday!
As for everything else, I am SOOOOO overwhelmed and completely exhausted.
When I left school today, I decided to treat myself to a pedicure. It's been awhile. That was a great way to relax.
With operation, "Little work as possible when not at school," I decided to hit the drive through on the way home. I waited in my car just like every other costumer feeling guilt. As I was leaving the window, the lovely employee bearing rotten teeth and a really stylish hairdo looked at me and said, "You're sexy."
I didn't know if I should feel offended or flattered. After all, it's been awhile since I've been ogled at by a stranger, and that is always a self-esteem boost. On the other hand, it's really hard to feel sexy when you're pulling away with three tacos, sour cream/no tomatoes. Well, at least it was something entertaining, right? Maybe they should make a Bud Light "Real Men of Genius" commercial for him. Here's to you 21 year old Taco Bell drive through worker!
lovemaura

No comments: