I can't find words to express how terrifying this upcoming week is for me.
With all of my doubts of wanting to be a teacher, and all of my fears of doing it well, I wake up every morning with the thought of changing my mind and pursuing book store employment!
I know that is not what I really want to do, I'm just extremely intimidated right now. But, I'm not the only one intimidated by life, so are my students. I will find courage by focusing on the sweet ones I have not met yet.
And I will remember this, "Children sit in our classrooms behind the enemy lines of poverty, hunger, pain, loneliness, and illiteracy. That they dress and come to school at all is a testament to their courage and belief that this day might indeed be a better day. That they look to us for guidance and perhaps survival is a tribute to each teacher of this nation.
Endings are beginnings: Teach to make a difference." - Kylene Beers
lovemaura
No comments:
Post a Comment