Learning from Life One Story at a Time

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Foer Strikes Again...


I seriously cannot get enough of this book. I can't! And, if my Mama isn't all talk, I may get the opportunity to meet Jonathan Safran Foer in April! EEEEEKKKKKK!!! Am I a geek that I'm this excited to meet one of my favorite authors? I am? Oh well. I don't care! EEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!

There's something resonating about his words that makes me want to read them over and over again. Take this line for example:

You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness. (pg 180)



Raise your hand if you have ever been so afraid to get hurt that you have potentially blocked happiness? If you didn't raise your hand, how many of you are lying to yourselves?! Okay, that seems mean, but notice how I'm working myself into that group right now? I have lied to myself on numerous occasions, but even worse, I have knowingly denied myself happiness for fear of getting hurt.


Thank you for reminding me that living life in this was is only hurting me...
lovemaura


No comments: