Learning from Life One Story at a Time

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Birthday Wishes

I gotta say, this was a lovely birthday. I'm going to let Jess blog about our weekend in Taos considering I really didn't take any photos. I hope she is kind when she decides what photos to publish!

Outside of my birthday weekend in Taos, there was one part of the celebration that caught me completely off guard.

Meet Jayda and Isabella! I just met them three weeks ago, so birthday wishes from them were definitely a surprise.



These girls pack a punch, but they are also beyond sweet!



They showered me in fuzzy, sweet and compartmentalizing gifts! How did they know I have a sweet tooth, I'm super tactile, and I love organizing and catergorizing my life? It's like they've known me forever!

But the best part of the gift they gave me was the card. Yes, I cried in class.



What kind and amazing words! I truly admire a person who can express their thoughts, feelings and emotions, and I'm super lucky to have two ladies like this in my classroom. Teaching is definitely a gift in itself. Happy birthday to me!
lovemaura

No comments: