I made up this soundtrack a couple years ago and just found it going through my old files. Even though a lot has happened in my life since I wrote this and I probably could change up a couple songs, I still kind of think it is brilliant. I kind of wish I could see my life as a movie!
What's your soundtrack? Warning, I remember this taking me a couple days to finish!
I have a link to download these songs. If you want them, hit me up! Who doesn't want free music?
lovemaura
Opening credits: Fallin – Teenage Fan Club and De La Soul
Travelin at the speed of love…you played yourself
Waking up: Pa Lante – Ozomatli
The Light is inside the people, with unity
Don’t look any further
Inside yourself as well
There’s no illusion
Don’t them wrap you in the darkness
Continue, continue, continue your calling
Average day: Against the Grain - Bad Religion
against the grain,
that's where I'll stay,
swimming upstream,
I maintain against the grain
(Because I refuse to follow!)
First date: Breathe In - Frou Frou
And I'm high enough from all the waiting
To ride a wave on your inhaling
Falling in love: Nightingale - Saves the Day
And I hope, your majesty that you like your position.
I'll do everything I can to keep you by my side
and I'll stare off through the darkness to find us a kingdom.
Just kiss me before I go.
(One day a man will feel about me the way the man singing this song feels! And, I will settle for nothing less!!)
Love scene: Glory Box – Portishead
Give me a reason to love you
Give me a reason to be a woman
I just wanna be a woman
Fight scene: Mama Said Knock you Out - LL Cool J
I'm gonna knock you out (HUUUH!!!)
Mama said knock you out (HUUUH!!!)
(This one really didn’t need the lyrics, but I couldn’t resist!!)
Breaking up: Somebody More Like You - Nickel Creek
You came out of nowhere, made me smile
Then tore me in two
Saying, "We're very different people"
So dear, I hope you find somebody more like you
Getting back together: Tsunami - Res
So now I concentrate on turning wrong to right
I'm going to let go things I held inside so tight
I'm going to live and let forgive things said in spite
Clear out the smoke and usher in the light
Ride, ride this wave of mine
There're brighter things out on the other side
I know that things are going to be alright
Secret love: Stay – Coal
Turn down the headlights. Empty the ashtrays.
Sweep out of the alleyway, what's left of our time.
Oh, you can use my body to
do what you have to, but stay a little longer, stay with me.
Life's okay: Israel Kamakawiwo Ole' – Somewhere Over the Rainbow
(A mixture of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and one of the greatest songs ever written, What a Wonderful World)
I see skies of blue, clouds of white,
Bright blessed days, dark sacred nights
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
(This song can easily move me to tears! Regardless of what war, poverty, or any other loss of hope we see on this planet, how can we not appreciate the beautiful things that God has given us! It truly is a wonderful world! It just makes us want to work harder to keep it that way!)
Mental breakdown: 100 Proof - 88 Fingers Louie
Another weekend spent alone time passing by
Too drunk to pick up the receiver
Feeble attempts to help me go ignored
Don't have the energy or will power to make it anymore
If they only knew what I have seen and what I have been through
The truth is bottled up inside 100 proof
Driving: Speed - DJ Quik
When I'm on speed, I'm faster then most
And I can rock a party from coast to coast
(This song isn’t anything about driving, just the fast beat makes me wanna be a race car driver!!)
Growing Up: Girl, You’ll be a Woman Soon – Neil Diamond
Girl, you'll be a woman soon
Please come take my hand
Girl, you'll be a woman soon
Soon, you'll need a man
Learning a lesson: Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
(I’d have to post the entire song to tell the story. Either way, what soundtrack is complete without Johnny?!?)
Deep thought: On & On - Erykah Badu
If we were made in His image
Then call us by our names
Most intellects do not believe in God
But they fear us just the same
(Preach it lady! Erykah is too beautiful in soooo many ways!)
Flashback: After the Gold Rush - Neil Young
I was lying in a burned out basement
With the full moon in my eyes.
I was hoping for replacement
When the sun burst thru the sky.
There was a band playing in my head
And I felt like getting high.
I was thinking about what a
Friend had said
I was hoping it was a lie
Partying: Maneater – Nelly Furtado
And when she walks she walks with passion
when she talks, she talks like she can handle it
when she asks for something boy she means it
even if you never ever seen it
everybody get your necks to crack around
all you crazy people come on jump around
you doing anything to keep her by your side
because, she said she love you, love you long time!
(And why shouldn’t any one of us be proud to be a desired, beautiful, confident woman?!?!)
Happy dance: Everybody Dance Now - C & C Music Factory
(An old dear friend picked this song for me years ago. He said that I bring the energy with me and the song should be playing at the party when I walk in! It was such an awesome compliment that it has stuck with me for years!)
Regretting: Hard to Admit – Off with Their Heads
It's hard to admit I still think about you.
Five years (2000 days) I've been living without you.
I know I was a dick and I ruined your life,
that's just as fucked up as I am tonight.
It's hard to admit I still think about you.
Long night alone: Slip Away -Si*Se
Although you're far away
I finally found a way
To see you
Last night I took a trip
Like I always said I would
Into your dreams
Do you remember
Or was it just me
Death scene: Evelyn - Scapegoat Wax
(My grandmother’s name was Evelyn and she died in the arms of her entire family Christmas night 1998)
It seems like forever (oo-oo-ooh)
I’ve had trouble on my soul
I made a promise this time to let my words speak
Let them take control
Ooh, I don’t want to starve no more
My goodbye
I want you all to have a drink
It was nothing that you said
I had all kinds of time to think
My heart convinced my empty head
I had to get out of here for my Evelyn (my Evelyn)
Closing credits: You – Bad Religion
there's a place where everyone can be right
even though you remain determined to be opposed
admittance requires no qualifications
it's where everyone has been and where everybody goes
so please try not to be impatient
for we all hate standing in line
and when the farm is good and bought
you'll be there without a thought
and eternity my friend, is a long fuckin' time
(I’m sure it seems weird to say, but this song has changed the path of my life in so many different ways. It peaked an interest that started a different lifestyle that lead to a new scene, new people, loves, heart breaks, best friends, worst enemies, etc. Had it not been for hearing this song and changing my mind on a type of music, I would be in a different world today! How many songs can say that?....I know, more than we think! And plus, I like to think that this place is our own personal heaven, and you know what, I’m picking mine right because eternity my friend, really is a long fucking time!!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment