Learning from Life One Story at a Time

Friday, June 4, 2010

Looking for Old Digital Cameras

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to send out a quick note to let you all know that I am trying to collect digital cameras for my students next year. I have been incredibly blessed with the opportunity to teach photography at Vantage Point High School, but if I really want it to work, I need cameras. It is not realistic to assume that my students will be able to purchase their own cameras, so I am asking you to see what you have.

This is a preliminary note because I am leaving for Mexico tomorrow. I really just want to get the word out that I am looking for cameras. When I am back in Denver at the end of June, I will be working on raising money to purchase cameras and getting in contact with those of you who have any old ones to donate.

Here’s what I’m asking you to do.
1. If you have an old digital camera, (maybe it has low mega-pixels so you upgraded to a newer one) please consider donating it to my classroom and my students.

2. If you have any extra cash, please consider donating so that I can purchase some cameras.

3. If you aren’t sure that you can help in either of those two ways, please forward this message on to everyone you know!

I will be back in town June 21st and will be setting up a better way for you to donate if that’s something you choose to do. Feel free to email me before then or give me a call after I get back. If you have any questions about my plans with this class, my students, and the cameras, I would be glad to tell you more about it! It’s going to be a pretty incredible opportunity for my students!

Thank you for reading this and giving it some thought! I really appreciate your help!
lovemaura
maurabryn@gmail.com
720-341-1222

No comments: